Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Books on my Fall to-read list

The Broke and the Bookish
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by one of my favourite book blogs, The Broke and the Bookish. I haven't participated in ages, so here I am, jumping back in with both feet. This week's meme is the top ten books on your fall to-read list. Honestly, I didn't really have a specific fall reading list, so I'm going to admit most of these were pulled off dusty shelves and I'm forcing myself to finally read them. I'm also now coughing from the aforementioned dust. And I apologize in advance for most of the links being to the Kindle editions...

1. The Mysteries of Udolpho, by Ann Radcliffe
     I'm reading this as part of RIP, R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril, and I'm glad I chose it because it's perfect for the cooler weather and I've been wanting to read it for years.

2. Cod, by Mark Kurlansky
     It's not often that I willingly read non-fiction (slowly working on that), but I've discovered that books about food are a clear favourite. I simply gobble them up, pardon the pun. I read Kurlansky's book Salt last year, so I'm giving a chance to his book about my favourite fish to eat.

3. Three Cups of Tea, by Greg Mortenson and Oliver David Relin
     Look, another non-fiction book! This one has been on my radar for awhile now, and I'm finally forcing myself to give it a try.

4. Mr. Darcy, Vampyre, by Amanda Grange
    Seems like a perfectly delicious read for October.

5. Me and Mr. Darcy, by Alexandra Potter
     Why not?

6. The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time, by Mark Haddon
     Been sitting on my headboard shelf for far too long so it's time to read it.

7.  Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street, edited by Robert L. Mack
     I think I have a slight theme to my fall reads here...spooky and scary. Anyway, Sweeney Todd is one of my favourite musicals of all time and I've got this book that I really, really should read.

8. The Last Dickens, by Matthew Pearl
     I adored The Dante Club, and this book promises to be just as intense.

9. The Yugo: The Rise and Fall of the Worst Car in History, by Jason Vuic
     I'm including this one as a nod to my husband, who has been literally shoving this book in my face at least once every couple of months for the last two years and telling me I need to read it. The excerpts he has read to me are downright hilarious, and I do love cars. It's just the whole "I don't read non-fiction" monster rearing its ugly head again.

********************************************

So there you have it, my top ten books on my fall to-read list. I have a small stack of other books from the library, which will get read, but I didn't really consider them to be top ten. What books do you have on your fall reading list?

No comments:

Post a Comment