Friday, September 19, 2014

Follow Friday: Five blogs I love

Hey, hey, it's Friday. I don't have another book review just yet, though I'm so close to finishing The Titan's Curse. So I've decided to spotlight other blogs I like, mainly fellow book bloggers, but there will be the occasional other kind of blog in the list because I have diverse interests.

So it's Follow Friday, and here are five book blogs that I love!

*********************************************

The Classics Club
This is one of those sites that is more a community than just a blog. Basically you join and commit to reading a list of classics in a certain time frame, and there are memes and activities throughout the year, like read-a-longs and such. I officially joined almost two years ago and then totally forgot about it, but I did make a list which you can find here. I'm going to try to get back into it, starting with The Mysteries of Udolpho which I wrote about the other day here.

The Broke and the Bookish
This is the site that hosts the weekly Top Ten lists that I have done in the past. I haven't participated in a long time, but it's always a fantastic way to find new blogs and new books. Lots of reviews posted here, as well.

Behold the Stars
I have followed this blog for a very long time. I think it was even under a different name at one point. O is an incredible writer with a penchant for classics. She is so in-depth, and she also happens to live in England and has budgerigars as pets. She's just really cool and so many books have ended up on my to read list because she wrote about them.

Novel Readings
Beautiful blog written by an English professor. If I ever want something academic and yet also personal, this is the blog I turn to. It inspired me in my days at college, and it continues to inspire me now.

November's Autumn
I hesitate to include this blog, though it is a favourite. It has not been updated in over a year, and I am quite sad. Katherine would also blog about classic literature and also visual representations of said literature, mostly paintings. I have not even read all of her posts. Also she really loves John Keats, who happens to be my favourite poet.

No comments:

Post a Comment